Monday, March 10, 2008

thing #15

I think wikis are a great way to collaborate with colleagues and students. I see many ways to use them to communicate and share ideas. I appreciate Anna for providing the Mockingbird wiki and I used it to help with this post. Once I realized that the invite key word was case sensitive, it was no problem getting in and contributing. I wasn't as creative as most (like changing the color of the text) but I was able to contribute successfully. I enjoyed reading others contributions and building on some of them. I see many possibilities for wikis in schools. I think the way I might like to use it is to perhaps give teachers a way to collaborate and maybe coordinate projects with other special classes or with our title I teachers. The draw back to this is that it relies upon other people participating to be successful. I believe that means the creator of the wiki would need to continuously promote the wiki to the other participants. I think in the long run this may be one of the more useful tools in this training.

No comments: