Friday, March 14, 2008

under the wire

Just in time, I finished. It hasn't been easy. I flip flopped on whether I was going to invest the time to finish before the deadline. (and believe me, I used every minute of it) I enjoyed it and see myself visiting and revisiting the blogs and activities to become more familiar with the tools. I have to practice for anything to stick. Some of the things that were my favorite were the Animoto site, the trading card maker, and the online image generator. I think in the long run, I will enjoy the wikis. I enjoy reading and participating in the Mockingbird one Anna created. Creating one myself will take practice and patience.

As far as the program, I loved the layout and the self pacing. (even though I took the entire time) I liked it so much that I forwarded it to other teachers on my staff and even a couple of family members. This is something that I think is worth while and is helping me become a better librarian. I think this is some of the best staff development I have experienced. I would gladly participate in a similar program.

I am not the C-tech on campus but many people turn to me with problems to trouble-shoot. I need to be as current as possible with technology and ways to apply it. My C-tech, Carla Middleton and I collaborate well together and I work with the best staff in the world. Everyone is willing to collaborate and try new things. I hope to practice over the summer and implement some things during the next school year. I have already used some of the tools and have had a positive response from teachers.

No comments: