Monday, January 28, 2008

thing #12

I looked around these sites and created a Facebook profile. I am so uncomfortable with this and I am quite sure I am not giving it a fair chance. I know I should become knowledgeable about this because the kids are so into this, but I have some very strong preconceived ideas. Last year one of our PTA programs was with the Mesquite Police department and the officer stated how dangerous these site were in no uncertain terms. I am so leery of putting any personal information on the web. I joined the Dallas/FTW network then quit the network within minutes because of things that made me uncomfortable. I canceled the Facebook profile then created one in Ning. I liked Ning so much better. It did ask me for e-mail address and password the way Facebook did. (One of the reasons I canceled the Facebook profile soon after I created it.) I really can't think of a use for this for my campus or library program but that is not to say there couldn't be one.

No comments: