Saturday, January 5, 2008

thing #7

This will be an ongoing post. I just set up my calendar, created a google alert and downloaded the Picasa web album. I did set up an album and I hope this will be useful as I go between my PC at work and my laptop. I do the yearbook for my campus and I do most of it from my laptop because I like to work with iphoto. I had a little trouble last year doing everything from the laptop. Studio Works seemed easier to work with on the PC. I hope using Picasa and the web albums it will be easier to work from both computers. I also hope that I can use the albums in connection with my library website.

As for the calendar, Chris already has one and has urged me to use it. I am glad this has pushed me to go ahead and create one. I think it will take practice to develop the habit of using it. Creating and using are two different things and I will have to continue to make myself use it until it becomes a habit.

I will update this post as I continue to practice using these tools.

1 comment:

swanked said...

My Google alert kept me uptodate on the Cowboys. I can see how it would be a great tool for staying current in this hectic info overload world.